3928 N Williams Avenue
Portland, OR 97227
Business Inquiries: For all new business inquiries please send an email to the following address: email@example.com
Newsletter: Follow the office. Sign up here.
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Business Development is responsible for leading the new business and profile-building of the practice. The Director will work collaboratively with the Principal and Marketing Coordinator to devise and implement a strategic plan to generate interest from potential clients. The ideal candidate will research and develop new leads, plan persuasive approaches and pitches, and outline actionable targets to chart progress. They will be adaptable and self-motivated, creative and analytical, and continuously refining best practices to win new business.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the firm’s portfolio and the solutions/services WA can provide
- Conduct market research and gather information on potential clients and projects to identify key prospects
- In-depth knowledge of industry trade organizations, publications, conferences, and events
- Cold call as appropriate within identified market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging WA’s current network
- Represent the studio at market-facing events
- Participate in the development of proposal strategy and assist in writing proposal sections and preparing qualification packages/award submissions with internal team
- Experience in a business development or client management role; prior experience in the creative, design, architecture industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Degree in architecture preferred
Waechter Architecture is seeking a designer with 1-3 years of office experience who will work as a part of team, assisting project leads with all aspects of project work from design to construction administration. Each person in the office wears many hats and has many responsibilities, therefore the applicant must be a good communicator and highly self motivated.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Strong physical and digital modeling skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and VRay
- Vectorworks and/or Revit knowledge preferred
Please send a PDF work sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF should be no larger than 8 MB. Please no phone calls or drop-in inquiries.