Contact Us | Architect in Portland, Oregon
Business Development Director
Waechter Architecture is an emerging architecture practice based in Portland, Oregon. Housed in our recently completed all-wood CLT building, the studio produces a diverse portfolio of work including multi-family housing, single family residences, hospitality, retail, art spaces and increasingly public facing programs. Having spent years developing a clear and repeatable approach to design, Waechter Architecture is ready to begin a new phase of work and studio culture.
We are seeking a Business Development Director to begin an integral and scaling process of elevating our studio into this new phase of work. The ideal candidate will bring a background specific to the discipline of Architecture met with a forward-facing acumen for developing new projects, clients and markets. This will require a balance of short term attention and long term vision.
The Business Development Director will work closely with our studio founder, Ben Waechter and the studio’s Design Director. Ideal experience would include 5+ years of working in marketing, communications or business development in the field of architecture. The primary role of this candidate will focus on business development, with a secondary role of general PR, marketing and studio narrative projects. Day-to-day activities include working on RFP and RFQ proposals and presentations for potential projects, management of press, publications and events, website updates, and social media strategy. The candidate should be passionate about architecture and its related disciplines, have excellent organizational, writing and graphic skills. Most importantly they should be both autonomous while sincerely enjoying work within an intimate, collaborative team.
Business Development Tasks
- Strategize long term vision, branding and outreach with studio founder and design director
- Proactively reach out to potential clients in a diverse range of markets to build relationships between them and our principal / design director
- Build and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline
- Identify and organize the design team in developing RFQs/RFPs, custom packages and client pitch documents
- Develop new business and marketing content, including resumes, project materials, databases, and profiles
- Act as an active representative of the firm in client meetings, events and opportunities. Candidates will be professional in demeanor and highly confident in a supporting client-facing role.
Public Relation Tasks
- Coordinate media opportunities internally and externally, including award, magazine and news submissions both online and in print
- Update and maintain website content; coordinate development and launch of upcoming website redevelopment
- Identify and coordinate with PR, marketing, photography, graphic design consultants as necessary
- Manage social media and other content creation, ensuring frequency, tone and voice are aligned with overall firm strategy
- Oversee photoshoots for completed projects; adhering to a set budget, negotiate photographer contracts, coordinate logistics, provide post-production direction
- Instigate and oversee public events
- BA or BS degree required
- Degree in architecture preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of marketing/communications experience in the field of architecture
- Able to work independently with good judgment and minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with social media platforms and email marketing services
- Attention to detail, quality, and thoroughness
- Organized and capable of effectively handling multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Resourceful and adaptable in handling overlapping, shifting priorities and stringent deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude
- Interaction with clients, consultants, and colleagues with complete professionalism
- Maintaining an office culture of open communication and honesty
Please send a CV and minimum of 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: “ATTN: Business Development Director Position”
4224 N Mississippi Ave
Portland, Oregon 97217
Business Inquiries: For all new business inquiries please send an email to the following address: email@example.com
Newsletter: Follow the office. Sign up here.